General Terms and Conditions of Website Use 20-05-2018
1. CARAVELA - Companhia de Seguros, SA, NIPC 503 640 549, with head office at Avenida Casal Ribeiro nº 14, 1000-092 Lisboa, hereinafter referred to as CARAVELA is the owner and legitimate holder of this web site www.caravelaseguros.ptand all rights in relation to the information contained therein.
3. The user declares that he/she agrees with all the terms and conditions of use and other legal provisions.
4. The web site must be used to consult information, documents, insurance conditions, simulate insurance conditions and send communications and information between users and CARAVELA. No other web site may provide services and information on the products of CARAVELA or in its name. It is prohibited to use the information contained on the web site for other purposes without the express prior consent of CARAVELA.
5. The user is responsible for complying with the general and specific terms and conditions, as well as all of the applicable legal provisions. The user is also responsible for all the acts and omissions that occur when using the CARAVELA services and vis-à-vis the latter.
6. In case the policyholder is different from the insured and/or beneficiaries, he/she undertakes to make all necessary communications regarding the insurance conditions contracted by this means to the above mentioned parties.
7. The acceptance or refusal by CARAVELA of a user's insurance request assumes that the user has sent all the true and complete information that could have an effect on determining the insurance risk.
8. The proposals presented are only indicative and do not constitute contractual acceptance until the final decision by CARAVELA. The general conditions of the policy can be consulted on the web site and may be subject to changes and updates, so they should be consulted when submitting the proposal request. At the request of the user, the document can be sent by e-mail. All simulations include current rates and taxes.
9. CARAVELA reserves the right to revise the content of the website without prior notice, including these general terms and conditions. All changes will be available on the site and by using the site you agree to the changes made.
10. CARAVELA may make changes and updates to the different contracting policies available on the web site without prior warning. CARAVELA may at any time review and change these terms and conditions of use for the web site, which will be available on the site. By continuing to use the web site, the user declares that he/she agrees with the revised conditions. The user must therefore consult the terms and conditions of the insurance in question applicable on a specific date when signing the insurance contract.
11. CARAVELA refuses any responsibility for non-fulfilment of any obligations arising from these terms and conditions by force majeure, for any reason beyond its control, or based on false or incorrect information on the part of the user.
12. CARAVELA will guarantee that the information on the web site is up to date and true, including contractual documents, coverages and amounts presented in the simulations, provided that correct and true information is presented by the user.
13. In any situation Portuguese Law is applicable.
Privacy & Data Protection
1. CARAVELA will gather and process the personal details of the users of this web site www.caravelaseguros.pt during the simulation of the insurance contract, the submission of the insurance conditions proposal, the conclusion of the insurance contract and throughout its execution. The data collected is aimed at a better adequacy of the services provided, the management and organisation of the client network, including the provision of information, and the sending of communications and commercial and marketing campaigns, including SMS messages and e-mails containing commercial offers regarding new insurance products. CARAVELA is not responsible for the security of the data transmitted by the holder through the Internet to CARAVELA. CARAVELA also automatically gathers data on the use of the web page www.caravelaseguros.ptsuch as IP address, browser, web pages accessed, among other data regarding the web browsing experience.
2. The data collected will only be kept for the time strictly necessary for CARAVELA to provide its services or to comply with the terms of the legal obligations in force and only for the purposes defined and duly communicated to the holder at the time of collection. All the data is stored in CARAVELA's own servers in Portugal, under the strictest information security criteria. CARAVELA reserves the right to share information on the data with duly authorised third parties, provided the compliance with current legislation on privacy and data protection is guaranteed.
3. The personal details collected may also be used to communicate information and campaigns about CARAVELA's products and services, in accordance with the details collected and in the terms of the consent given, where applicable.
4. In accordance with the legislation in force, the data subject may at any time exercise their rights as a data subject, namely, they may at any time access the personal data collected and obtain information regarding the processing of their data, correct or amend the data, withdraw consent to processing, delete or request the deletion of the personal data collected if it is not necessary for the provision of services by CARAVELA, request the portability of the data, and address complaints regarding the processing.
At any time, the data subject may object to the processing of personal data
collected for the purpose of communicating marketing campaigns and other services,
simply by contacting CARAVELA through the client at
www.caravelaseguros.pt or through the contact email@example.com.
We are an Insurance Company that will take you to discover an experience geared towards meeting your needs.